Rotary in the Strait – Ceuta project – Autism Aids
Members visited Ceuta on the 26th October 2019 for a meeting with RC Ceuta and RC Tangier to finalise Ceuta’s Strait Club project.
People with autism do not have the same response to verbal communication and some may be unable to reciprocate. Visual images help enormously with overcoming some of these problems. In Ceuta they have a centre where children are helped and the Ceuta project aims to provide 2 Interactive Whiteboards for group use and 10 slightly larger than tablet size touchpads for individual use at the centre.
Saturday 6th May 2017
Straits Club Meeting held in Gibraltar at the Rock Hotel
Chairman William Anidjar Serfaty opened the meeting and welcomed the RC Ceuta representative. Discussion on a suitable project for RC Gibraltar resulted in approval for The Nautilus Project presented by Barbara Sellors. This being a full campaign to educate on the environment in the Straits with an anti-plastic theme. Full details to be presented to RC Gibraltar membership for approval.
The two representatives from RC Doyen Tangiers arrived and Mohamed Ali presented the current Straits project with progress to date. Works to commence on the refurbishment of the 5 schools identified forthwith and to proceed as far as the funds received permit.
Lunch was served in the Rock Hotel dining room where members toasted to the success of the first Straits Club project.
Educational Project concerning Refurbishment of 5 Elementary schools in the rural area of Tangier called HJAR NHAL.
– Establishing or refreshing the electricity network in classes devoid of electricity
– Establish or refresh a drinking water system in the concerned schools
– Establish or refresh the sanitary network such as toilets, washbasins …
– Refresh the waterproofing of the classes having water infiltration.
– Refresh windows and doors with a malfunction
– Refresh the paintings of classes and schools
– Refresh and make available school furniture: tables, chairs, cupboards …