Historic Stroll through Casemates

Having met by the cannon outside Roy’s Fish and Chip Restaurant, Members were taken on an historic walk through Casemates by John Murphy.

rotary John Murphy 014 rotary John Murphy 012
Construction of the Grand Casemates bombproof barracks began in the 1770s under Colonel William Green, Gibraltar’s Chief Engineer, but the building was only completed in 1817 during the governorship of General Sir George Don.
IMG_0371 IMG_0372 IMG_0373 IMG_0375 IMG_0376 IMG_0378 IMG_0379 IMG_0383 IMG_0380 IMG_0381 IMG_0390 IMG_0386 IMG_0387 IMG_0389

Members and Guests then retired after an interesting and informative walk to The Square for a well-earned meal!

Upcoming Events