Declaration of Rotarians in Businesses & Professions
The Declaration of Rotarians in Businesses & Professions was adopted by the Rotary International Council on Legislation in 1989 to provide more specific guidelines for the high ethical standards called for the the Object of Rotary.
As a Rotarian in Business or Profession I am expected to:
- Consider my vocation to be another opportunity to serve.
- Be faithful to the letter and to the spirit of the ethical codes of my vocation, to the laws of my country and to the moral standards of my community.
- Do all in my power to dignify my vocation and to promote the highest ethical standards in my chosen vocation.
- Be fair to my employer, employees, associates, competition,customers, the public and all those with whom I have a business and professional relationship.
- Recognize the honour and respect due to all occupations which are useful to society.
- Offer my vocational talents to promote opportunities for young people, to work for the relief of the special needs of others and to improve the quality of life in my community.
- Adhere to honesty in my advertising and in all my representations to the public concerning my business or profession.
- Neither seek from nor grant to a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normallyaccorded others in a business or professional relationship.